Laser liposuction with Dr. Gustav Lo since 2008
At Cosmetic Skin & Laser Center, Dr. Gustav Lo uses Smartlipo’s laser technology and gentle liposuction techniques to remove unwanted fat, balance body shape, and leave the body in better proportion.
What is Smartlipo?
Smartlipo is an FDA-approved form of laser-assisted lipolysis or cosmetic surgery used to alter the shape and appearance of a person’s body. Unlike traditional liposuction, Smartlipo is an in-office procedure that combines heat and laser energy to break fat cells apart and smooth and tighten the skin. Smartlipo is performed with tumescent or local anesthesia which offers a quicker recovery and smoother result than traditional liposuction. Multiple body areas can be treated at once with laser liposuction.
The most advanced body contouring and laser liposuction in Northern Michigan and Southwest Florida
When you come in to Cosmetic Skin & Laser Center for a consult on laser liposuction, here’s what you can expect:
- Experience. Dr. Lo has performed thousands of Smartlipo procedures on the body and a few thousand on the face.
- Overall consult. Weight gain and body changes are common as we age due to depleted testosterone and thyroid levels. And after menopause, lack of estrogen leads to weight gain. At RegenCen, our medical division of CSLC, we can balance your thyroid and hormones levels to help maintain your success. RegenCen also offers the Skinny Shot and NAD infusions which help boost metabolism. Your long-term weight loss and success is our goal.
- Smooth, dramatic results. Check out our liposuction before and after photos and we have many more in the office to share.
- Real testimonials. Many of our team members have had laser liposuction treatments and can show you their results and tell you about their liposuction treatment and recovery.
The steps of Smartlipo liposuction body contouring
We’re here for you! Schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss goals, expectations, potential benefits, and possible risks of the Smartlipo. At the same consult, we can go over common alternatives like Coolsculpting, BodyTite or surgical tummy tucks.
A person who has mild to moderate skin laxity (loose or sagging skin) or unwanted fatty tissue on their abdomen (sometimes called menopause belly), or fat on the hips, thighs, or love handles is often times a good candidate for Smartlipo. We commonly do gentle liposuction on fatty deposits along the bra line, under the chin and around the knees as well. And BodyTite and Smartlipo are used to treat gynecomastia.
A person’s treatment eligibility is determined by a number of factors, including:
- general medical history
- current medications
- medical issues/pre-existing conditions
- drug allergies
- previous surgeries
Prospective patients may be photographed, as well. These photos will serve as a reference point for follow-up appointments.
Pros and Cons of Smartlipo liposuction
Smartlipo liposuction offers a number of advantages over traditional liposuction and tummy tucks.
- in office procedure
- minimal recovery
- dramatic fat reduction (70% average)
- no drains, stitches, or long incisions
- natural skin tightening
- no general anesthesia
Any procedure has risks and Smartlipo liposuction is not excluded. Potential risks include:
- side effects of anesthesia and meds
- infection (very, very, very rare)
- temporary swelling
- temporary bruising
- wearing a compression suit for two weeks
Smartlipo and BodyTite vs. Traditional Liposuction
Smartlipo laser liposuction and BodyTite are similar to traditional liposuction in that they are procedures meant to get rid of excess fat. However, unlike traditional liposuction, Smartlipo liposuction and BodyTite are much less traumatic - traditional liposuction uses a larger cannula to remove fat whereas Smartlipo and BodyTite liquefy fat cells prior to removal for a smooth, less invasive procedure. Smartlipo and BodyTite also have regenerative benefits. The heat promotes the growth of collagen for tighter, smoother skin, and has a shorter recovery time than tradition liposuction.
“Let’s face it: Our fat distributes differently as we age, even if our weight stays the same. Combining bioidentical hormone replacement with gentle liposuction has really helped me maintain my body shape and weight through menopause.”
– Lee, RN & Injection Specialist
Google Patient Review
“Warm, bright and welcoming environment. The whole staff has great energy and are very encouraging and comforting. Knowledgeable and talented as well. Thank you so much!”
Smartlipo Laser Liposuction Before and After Photos at
Cosmetic Skin & Laser Center
Smartlipo Liposuction Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to get started?
Book a free consultation today!